Sunday, July 15, 2012

Education Without Boundaries Orientation

Just like I was told July 15th 3 weeks prior to my official term start date I will have access to "Education Without Boundaries Orientation". This is something that every student has to complete before starting the actual classes.
This also opens up everything else that is on your class portal through WGU. Now when I log into my.wgu.edu I can actually see all the required classes I have to take in order to get my Bachelors.
This is what it says:

Term/Corse Code/Course Detail/Competency Units/Pre-Assessment(Yes/No)

1 BNC1 Organizational Behavior and Leadership 3 Pre-Assessment Yes
1 LIT1 Legal Issues for Business Organizations 3
1 LWC1 Fundamentals of Business Law and Ethics 6 Pre-Assessment Yes
2 QAT1 Quantitative Analysis for Business 6
2 INT1 Integrated Natural Science Applications 4
2 MGC1 Principles of Management 4 Pre-Assessment Yes
3 QMC1 Quantitative Literacy: Statistics, Probability and Problem Solving 3 Pre-Assessment Yes
3 EGC1 Fundamentals of Economics, Global Business and Quantitative Analysis 4 Pre-Assessment Yes
3 EGT1 Economics and Global Business Applications 4
3 RWT1 Business Research and Writing 2
4 FNC1 Fundamentals of Finance, Accounting and IT 6 Pre-Assessment Yes
4 FNT1 Business Applications for Finance, Accounting and IT 6
5 MKT1 Marketing Principles and Applications 2
5 CGC1 Concepts in Financial Accounting and Tax 6 Pre-Assessment Yes
5 AUO1 Concepts in Auditing and Information Systems 4 Pre-Assessment Yes
6 ACA1 Problems in Accounting 6
6 CMO1 Concepts in Cost/Managerial Accounting 6 Pre-Assessment Yes
7 TPV1 Project Management 6
7 BGA1 Problems in Budgeting and Financial Statements 6
8 QCT1 Accounting Capstone Written Project 4

When the class has the option for Pre-Assessment it means I have three attempts to challenge the course. Not a bad option! I can actually take 1 pre-assessment and it will give me a score and tell me where my strengths and weaknesses are. Any question that I get right I wont have to take again. (I believe). I will have to double check that but I think I had a few notes written somewhere from a conversation I had with Jessica regarding the pre-assessments.
91 Units are listed in my course outline. 18 Units must be finished a 6 month term. It still works out to be about 2 1/2 years..... I wonder how I will fare trying to push this to the limit? We shall see!!
More to come as my tenure at WGU really gets started.

How is the Student Mentor going to work? I believe I will be assigned one of those fairly soon and with a weekly check in I hope whomever I speak with is pleasant.

-Christine

1 comment:

  1. My first start date is scheduled for Sept. 1. Im also enrolled to recieve a Bachelors in Accounting online from WGU. Hope you are doing well thus far... Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete